Know your INDCs!
Policies shaping India’s Nationally Determined Contributions
- By 2020, reduce emissions intensity of GDP by 20-25% below the 2005 level.
- By 2030, reduce emissions intensity of GDP by 33-35% below the 2005 level.
Forest Cover (Green India Mission):
- long term goal to bring 33% of India’s geographic area under forest cover
- aim to increase forest cover by 5 million hectares.
EV – Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicle Program:
- Subsidies for electric and hybrid vehicles ranging from USD 165 to USD 360 for mild hybrids, USD 885 to USD 1065 for strong hybrids and USD 900 and USD 2,010 for electric vehicles.
- Investment of around USD $ 2.5 billion on electricity grid infrastructure.
- By 2018-2019, aim to save 10% on energy consumption. (National Smart Grid Mission)
- By 2030, achieve around 40% cumulative electric power installed capacity from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources.
- By 2022, increase renewable energy capacity up to 175GW.
- By 2022, aims to increase installed capacity by the following amounts:
- 60GW of wind
- 100GW of solar
- 10GW of biomass
- 100GW of hydropower
Perform Achieve Trade and Energy Conservation Act:
- Mandatory requirement on designated customers within energy-intensive sectors to meet certain requirements to meet certain energy savings.
National Clean Energy Fund and Clean Energy Cess:
- Excise of USD$6 per ton of coal from domestic and international sources, with funds raised to be invested into clean energy projects.
- By 2047, reduce HFCs by 85% below 2024-2026 levels.